Thursday, March 12, 2009

characterization


As the play macbeth draws to an end, a change in macbeth's character can start to be seen. The has become arrogant and a cold hearted killer because of the witches three sentences they have told him. He believes himself to be invincible, especially when he army controlled by macduff is sent to macbeths castle. He stays behind believing he cannot be defeated. This all changes when he defeats macduff and decides to let him live because his family has been ruined already. When macduff tells macbeth he was born of a c section, macbeths whole demeanor changes. He becomes frightened, knowing that there is a man who can defeat him there, and loses the will to fight. The strong bloodless killer macbeth once was is replaced by a fearful ordinary man who has lost all will to live and fight.

5 comments:

  1. I liked the point that Macbeth still has some human qualities left after his pride is stripped away. I always thought that he became completely ruthless. The picture is really cool, and it shows how entirely hopeless and defeated Macbeth must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post. Good luck with all of your endeavors after high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes the picture is fitting because it portrays macbeth as hopeless and weeping because he believes there is no point to life anymore. He is alone in the picture, just like he is alone when everyone leaves Dunsinane, and he has to fight macduff's army by himself. Also, the ruined buildings in the backround represent how the happy life he once had has come crumbling down on him, and is the end for a once noble macbeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this picture because it just shows the absolute hopelessness Macbeth feels towards the end of the play. I agree how you said he has changed.. he was a man who once felt like he was godly and immortal, and now at the end of the play he is completely worthless. And i feel like your picture captures that hopelessness and worthlessness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the picture you used. I agree he does feel like he is vulnurable until Macduff kills him in the end of the play. You show how weak Macbeth really got in your picture.

    ReplyDelete