
"Despair thy charm, And let the angel whom thou still hast served Tell thee, Macduff was from his mother's womb Untimely ripped."
This quote is saying that Macduff was not from his mother, she got a c-section. She was not born of a woman. Macbeth had a chance to kill Macduff but Macbeth didn't want to kill any more of his family. I am suprised that Macbeth did not kill Macduff because he has killed many other people, and he had an oppertunity to kill him. Macbeth believes that he can not be defeated by any man but Macduff proves him wrong and beheads Macbeth.
I agree with what you said Catherine. I think MacBeth should have killed MacDuff when he had the chance. MacBeth was too cocky and thought that no one could kill him. MacBeth should have worried a little more about what was going on with the woods moving.
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of surprised that Macbeth didn't kill Duncan also. I think he didn't kill him because since his wife died he's starting to question what he's doing. Also i think he saw it as well he can't kill me so what's the point of killing him.
ReplyDeleteMacbeth should have capitalized when he had the chance. I realize that he probably thought that Mcduff wouldn't be able to kill him, because he was born to a women, but in the end Mcduff got reavengance.
ReplyDeleteOnce again, the downfall of the main character is his hubris. Macbeth had so much against him and he knew that but right after that vague information from the witches, he forgot about any worries he had and did a complete 180 with his attitude.
ReplyDeleteIf Macbeth had killed McDuff when he had the chance, he would have still been alive to be King. But if he had killed McDuff, people would begin to realize he was killing anyone and anything that opposed him; and that he was becoming a power hungry tyrant.
ReplyDeleteI think that Macbeth not killing Macduff shows the human qualities that he still has. He has the chance to kill Mcduff and although it is partly because he doesnt think he can be harmed, I also believe its because he has killed so many people that he is just done. Macbeth already feels hopeless that I think he just gives up. He realizes his own faults an is dealing with the guilt and he doesnt kill Macduff because he just frankly doesnt care anymore. He has too much guilt and death on his hands that although he doesnt fear acduff because of the witches but also because he does not fear his own death.
ReplyDelete