Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Are you happy?


In the beginning of the play after hearing from the weird sisters all Macbeth and Lady Macbeth thought about was the power and happiness that would follow being king and queen. The ironic part of this play is that neither lady Macbeth nor Macbeth have found any happiness being in power. So far they have spent all their time with guilty consciences trying to make sure no one finds out the truth about the murder. We also see that Macbeth is at the top of his reign at the banquet. After he has his outburst we slowly start to see people question his authority. From here I would predict that he will slowly start losing his mind and his power.

Must get back to saving America
-jack Bauer as Mike Lawson

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Mike it is very ironic that they end up with no happiness because all they were looking for was power and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think you did a great job with this post jack bauer. I liked how you incorporated the use of "Are you happy" from earlier readings. GREAT WORK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree. Macbeth thought that gaining power would give him more happiness, but considering the way he got the power, it has actually ruined his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this connection between the two pieces of literature. Its nice how you can see a correlation between a common theme over centuries of literature. How are culture still hasn't learned that looking for power and objects for happiness isn't necessarily the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the picture cus that dude looks sooooo much like the BK king

    ReplyDelete